ToggleSwitch only visible, if you set the background color-- can we inherit the Settings background color?

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM

First off, nice job on this Control.  Appreciate each of your posts that describes the problem and the solution in detail.

One thing I noticed is if I try to add aToggleSwitch to a settings panel, it looks like it does not display.  It actually displays but it is white on the white background.  If you set the Background="color" property on the ToggleSwitch, you will be able to view your toggle.

<UserControl>
<cfo:CharmFlyout
x:Name="MySettings"
Heading="My Settings"
HeadingBackgroundBrush="#FF4E0000"
<StackPanel>
<ToggleSwitch x:Name="Switch" Header="Simple Toggle Switch" Background="Black"/>
</StackPanel>
</cfo:CharmFlyout>
</UserControl>

Simple enough to figure out after one realizes it this might actually be visible, just white on white!

As a novice, having trouble figuring out how to inherit the default Settings background color to be the background color of this usercontrol.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:08 PM

After spending some time trying to figure this out, this is what I found. The colors do not match for any of the apps that I downloaded from market place. The guidance is that your flyouts should have a unique color that matches your app. The default permissions flyout changes color depending on your personalization settings. If you change your metro theme, the color of the permissions flyout changes with that.

I hope it partially answers your question. There seems to be no way to match any of your app colors with that of the metro theme you select. Atleast none that I could find so far.

thanks!

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I have solved setting the flyout background color with a different color...
ContentBackgroundBrush = "#FF000000"
i think is the easier way to show it!